Google recently released its new version of Android 9.0 called Pie. Along with it, the company also released its Source Code to the developers who can now begin with custom ROMs on porting the latest release on their manufactured devices. It means the developers can port the Android Pie to their custom devices. Since the GApps are ready to be used in the new Android 9.0 Pie, users are trying to install GApps in their handsets. But, there is a thing to note that the GApps are not available as pre-installed apps. You need to download them manually to use them on your devices.
GApps is a package of Google applications which Gmail, Google Maps, Calendar, Google Plus, etc. if you also have any ROM based on Android 9.0 Pie then you can also have the GApps in your handset. Before proceeding any further, note that you must have a custom recovery installed. Now, as you have all the requirements, all you need to do is follow the steps, and you will install the apps in your device.
Here’s how to install GApps on Android 9.0 Pie
- Download the GApps package
- The GApps for Android 9.0 Pie is available online. Once the package is downloaded, you can install it on your device.
- Remember, there are two forms of GApps are available on the internet
- ARM Device: GApps 9.0 ARM Zip
- ARM64 Device: GApps 9.0 ARM64 Zip
- Now, move the downloaded file to an internal storage root folder.
- Switch off your phone
- Now, boot into Recovery Mode.
- Tap the Install Button.
- Now, search GApps in the folder.
- Tap the Pie GApps
- Swipe to confirm the flash in your device.
- It will successfully flash the Android Pie GApps in your phone.
- Now, you can reboot your device.
Downloading the GApps on Android 9.0 Pie is not complicated if you have the recovery option in your phone. Once, you downloaded the file and placed in your internal storage folder, you are able to install the GApps package successfully.